Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

An Anniversary to Remember

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn is psychological thriller where a woman disappears on her fifth wedding anniversary.  As always, the husband is a suspect—until cleared.  So, did he do it? Did the husband somehow get rid of his wife?  The author keeps you guessing while she steers you through their strained relationship.  Amy’s diary with glimpses of their past alternate with Nick’s side of the story while the mystery unfolds and refolds into an origami puzzle. This book had me so involved, it was almost interactive, as if Gillian Flynn were behind the scenes pushing buttons that would make my blood boil, my teeth grind, my eyebrows twitch, and my head shake.  The twist and turns, the doubts and suspicions, kept me turning page after page.  It was hard to put down. 

This book will hit the big screen in October, 2014.  Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike play the main characters. Get ready for a wild ride.

Update: No surprise here, my book club voted to read this book and loved it!  It was an intriguing page-turner. Thumbs-up all around!

Happy Reading,
Annette

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for the review. I love books that suck me into the story right away. Sounds like a good one! Can't wait to read it.

Popular posts from this blog

All the Broken Places by John Boyne

The Little Italian Hotel by Phaedra Patrick

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus