The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

The Courageous Incident of a Boy on a Mission

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon is about a 15-year-old boy with autism who discovers a neighbor dog has been killed with a pitchfork. Christopher makes it his quest to find the killer, all the while writing a book about the mystery.  Christopher does not like to be touched and has difficulties with social interactions, but he does have a gift for math and logic.  With great determination, he uses his logical reasoning to track the killer and soon finds himself in an unexpected journey of discovery, betrayal, and complicated relationships. 

I enjoyed this book because it was so different from anything I’ve read.  I liked “getting into Christopher’s head” and learning his fears and methodology for coping with them. Not only did I like Christopher, but I also had sympathy for those who loved and cared for him. This novel made me feel as though I might have a tiny bit better understanding of autism.  It’s a quick read that left a bittersweet aftertaste.

Happy Reading,
Annette


Comments

Anonymous said…
Another good review /book. How can I possibly keep up with all the books you have reviewed for us. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

All the Broken Places by John Boyne

The Little Italian Hotel by Phaedra Patrick

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus