Fabulous New Little Free Library in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Little Free Library in Tree Stump in Coeur d’Alene, ID 


Yesterday, my sister sent me a link to an article about a woman in Coeur d'Alene who turned a 100-year-old tree stump into a Little Free Library and I just had to see it for myself. The article stated that the tree was dying, rotting on the inside, so they had to have it removed. When some people have trees cut down they leave a large section to turn into wood sculptures. I love to see the works of art that are created from those stumps. 

But this stump takes the cake. Instead of a sculpture, owner and artist, Sharalee Armitage Howard, turned her tree stump into the most magnificent Little Free Library I’ve ever seen!  

The library was not yet listed on the map, so the search was on. Carefully viewing the video, I tried to narrow down where the house was located. Then I enlisted my husband’s help to search with me and we found it on the first street we turned down. It’s hard to miss.  This fabulous library is big.  It’s not just a little tree stump. Massive stone steps lead up to the library which is lit up inside and also has a beautiful glass fixture on the outside. Ornate hinges and hardware adorn the door with a row of small wooden books above it. It’s truly a work of art that brings double the joy: first the visual delight in seeing it and then the happiness of sharing books. 

It’s located at 716 A Street, close to the Kootenai County District Court House (where the DMV is located—just a few blocks from my own Little Free Library.)


Side Note: While we were there, we met another curious couple who found the library. They are getting ready to launch their own Little Free Library on Cherry Hill, so look for that coming soon.

Other Little Free Library Posts:



Happy Reading, 

Annette 





Post a comment or email:  Readinginthegarden@gmail.com



Comments

Sorry, but I refuse to read that Jenoff book, because I knew someone who actually was in the Krakow sewers in hiding, and the description sounds like she got a whole lot wrong. But Yours Cheerfully is lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus

The Little Italian Hotel by Phaedra Patrick

All the Broken Places by John Boyne