438 Days by Jonathan Franklin

 Lost at Sea!

Holy crap! This remarkable, unimaginable true story of a man adrift at sea for over a year, was spellbinding, gut-wrenching, alarming, and intense!  Makes me never want to go on a boat againEVER! 


In this journey of over 6,000 miles, survival depended on a hunter’s instinct, an ability to stay optimistic, maintain hope, and dig deep for a drive to survive.

 

So many parts of the story made me cringe, thinking about what it took to endure. Trying to imagine myself in that situation was horrifying, and makes me thank God not only for my safety, but for the clean water, food, and shelter I take for granted.  



Looking for other non-fiction books about people confronting the natural elements?  Check these out:


Tracks by Robyn Davidson - A woman crosses the Australian desert.


Modoc by Ralph Helfer - A boy and elephant survive a shipwreck off the coast of India.


Happy Reading!


Annette




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus

Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro

All the Broken Places by John Boyne