Bad Girls Throughout History: 100 Remarkable Women Who Changed the World by Ann Shen

Bad-Ass Women.  

I love this book about women who made significant contributions to the world!  The easily digestible, bite-size bios provide just enough information to discover what the selected ladies were famous (or infamous) for. I had heard of Lady Godiva, for instance, but I thought she was just some free spirit riding naked through town.  Little did I know that her nude exhibition was spurred on by her own husband in exchange for lower taxes for the people!  There were many women I learned about from successful pirate captains to a sixty-three-year old daredevil who packed herself in a barrel and plummeted down Niagara Falls.  Doctors, inventors, scientists, conservationists, suffragettes, pharaoh, soldiers, nurses, pinup girls, and entertainers, the list goes on to explore one hundred women who were not necessarily bad, but definitely bad-ass. 

This is a book I will be passing on to my granddaughters so that they will know that they too have the power to do anything!        

Happy Reading,
Annette 


Comments

Yes she is. I did know about her but it was an interesting refresher and fun to learn about so many others I had never heard of!
I'm reading a book about her now. Very interesting!
Nice! I'll look forward to reading your review on the book.

Popular posts from this blog

Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus

All the Broken Places by John Boyne